A Southern Teacher's Take

Monday, November 27, 2006

Frustrated

I'm frustrated.

My principal wants to exempt students (even Advanced Placement students) from course final exams if they pass the state standardized test (a minimal skills assessment).

My district wants to elimiate Enriched level courses, which serve as a buffer between regular classes and Advanced Placement. Enriched classes have been very valuable in providing dedicated students with a deeper look at class material without burdening them with the load of AP courses.

My curriculum coordinator (who I like very much, actually) creates all semester exams and final exams (at the request of someone higher than she); autonomy is slowly slipping away.

My district implements widespread changes almost every year, which disrupts...well...everything.

I could go on and on. I still have a passion for teaching, and when I close my classroom door I can forget about all of the other stuff. But it's becoming increasingly difficult to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
web site counter
DVD Movie Rentals